The Parks Main Street (TPMS) is a member of DC Main Streets, a comprehensive program of the city’s Department of Small and Local Business Development (DSLBD) to revitalize neighborhood business corridors in the District of Columbia. The Center for Nonprofit Advancement provides fiscal and organizational management, leadership and technical assistance for the Main Street.
Support during COVID-19 pandemic
TPMS has compiled a package of available Small Business Assistance Grants and Loans to help your business during COVID-19:
- DC grants for businesses with at least 25% revenue loss due to COVID-19
- TPMS grants for businesses impacted by COVID-19 and/or invest in capacity building
- SBA loans for Economic Injury due to COVID-19
A purposeful approach
The Parks Main Street is committed to transforming business corridors and creating economic impact for our neighborhoods by RAIN:
Revitalizing our communities by supporting retention and recruitment of small businesses to enhance economic vitality.
Attracting consumers to our commercial corridors through promotions that showcase them as thriving, welcoming destinations.
Improving the design of commercial properties and streetscapes by providing competitive grant funds for façade improvement.
Neighborhood organizations mobilizing and advocating to assist businesses and to coordinate sustained, community-driven revitalization efforts within TPMS neighborhoods and the organization.
As a DC Main Street, The Parks Main Street builds on the Four Points Main Street America Approach that has helped revitalize communities nationwide.
TPMS represents small, independent businesses located in Manor Park in Ward 4 of upper northwest, and Riggs Park in Ward 5 of upper northeast. Through the leadership of our executive director, board of directors and community volunteers, small business owners receive technical assistance, retail grants and promotion assistance to support economic redevelopment efforts that engage and excite our communities.
The Parks Main Streets boundaries:
- Third Street, NW, between Rittenhouse and Sheridan Streets.
- South Dakota Avenue NE between Galloway Street and Riggs Road, NE
- Riggs Road NE between Chillum Place NE and the Metro Tracks
- 5600 block of 3rd Street NE and the 5700 Block of 2nd Street NE between Riggs Road, NE and New Hamsphire Avenue, NE
Learn more on the TPMS website.