Take your knowledge of Board governance to the next level
Our partnership with the DC Bar Pro Bono Center is going a step further to provide a second part to our original Board Basics A-Z Program.
This new course provides a deeper dive into the Board member’s role, fully explaining the expectations and responsibilities of a nonprofit board. With a mix of lecture and interactive sessions, participants will be asked to come prepared to discuss specific policies and procedures they have in place at their organizations.
This program will feature further looks into a few topics from Part 1, with new topics added:
- Monitoring programs and services
- Ensuring that the organization has sufficient funds to carry out its mission and how to provide proper oversight with respect to the expenditure of those funds
- Developing a solid Board-CEO working relationship
- Assessing risk with respect to the organization’s operations
- Building an effective Board, and more
While anyone interested in Board governance can attend this course, Part 2 will be most useful for those individuals with previous Board experience and/or currently serving on a Board of Directors. * Completion of Part 1 is a pre-requisite to attend this course.
Board Basics A to Z Part 2 fee: $95 per participant
This course is presented virtually and split over two Saturday mornings, from 9:30am-1:00pm (EST). Agendas will be sent out ahead of time. If for any reason you cannot attend one of the days, recordings will be available for one month following the end of the series.
Check back soon for Fall 2022 dates!
Looking to join a board? The Center’s Board Match program can help you find the right one.