Broaden your expertise, elevate your performance and advance your career
Whether you want to learn new skills, do your job better, prepare for the next step in your career—or all three, the Center’s Executive Preparation Institute (EPI) can help you define and reach your professional goals. Participants have a chance to listen to industry experts about all facets of nonprofit leadership. The program is comprised of seminars, guest speakers, panel discussions and group interaction to ensure maximum learning.
Offered just once a year, the 2020 course starts February 21. Registration for the 2021 Cohort will open in Fall 2020.
As an EPI participant, you will:
- Learn from nonprofit, government and corporate experts about a range of relevant topics, including nonprofit finances, budgeting, fundraising, board governance, leadership tips and tools, evaluations and how to tell your story.
- Gain insights into your own and others' leadership styles through DISC Assessment.
- Have access to other professional development courses through the Center's education program that will maximize your learning.
Thanks to a generous grant from American Express, we have added a follow-up coaching component, further extending the program's valuable training and support.
The EPI program convenes at the Center for Nonprofit Advancement one Friday per month for six months, from 9:30am to 4:00pm. Topics typically include:
- Day 1: Introduction to Being a Nonprofit Leader
- Day 2: Crash Course in Nonprofit Boards
- Day 3: DISC Assessment
- Day 4: Finances & Fundraising
- Day 5: Strategic Planning & Program Evaluation
- Day 6: Coaching & Excellence
Who can attend: Nonprofit professionals at the management and senior level who are looking to enhance their leadership skills and take the next step into an executive role. (Executive directors are not eligible to join.)
$995 Center Members and YNPNdc Members
*Fee includes class sessions, breakfast and lunch, books, testing instruments and a personal journal.
Cancellation: Due to dynamics of the program, refunds will only be provided to individuals who cancel in writing five (5) business days prior to the date of the first session.
Registration for this year's Cohort is now closed! Keep an eye out for new dates in Fall 2020 for the 2021 Cohort.
Tuition assistance for Center members
A limited number of partial scholarships are available. To apply for a partial scholarship, submit the following to Sean Sweeney, Director ofEducation and Special Programs:
- Up to 250-word statement indicating how you would leverage your experience as an EPI graduate to advance your organization and the region's nonprofit sector.
- Indicate whether the balance of the registration fee would be paid by your organization or yourself personally.
- Include your name, organization, title, email address, mailing address and telephone number. If you are not currently employed, please indicate your most recent job title and organizational affiliation.
The tuition assistance application submission deadline is Friday, February 1, 2020.