Educate your new and current board members
Help your board members understand the expectations and responsibilities of a nonprofit board. The Center offers a one-day course that provides a complete overview of the board member’s role. This is an easy, informative way to initiate new members to your board, and can also serve as a refresher for current members.
The course covers the role of a nonprofit board in:
- Governing the organization
- Ensuring that the organization has sufficient funds to carry out its mission and how to provide proper oversight with respect to the expenditure of those funds
- Evaluating and compensating the CEO
- Assessing risk with respect to the organization’s operations
- Planning for the future of the organization, and more
This all-day course is taught by professionals with expertise in the running of nonprofit organizations, including:
- Lawyers who work with nonprofit organizations
- Certified public accountants that specialize in nonprofit accounting
- Fundraising professionals and
- Nonprofit executives who have many years of experience in strategic planning
The course is designed for individuals who have recently joined a nonprofit board and existing board members who wish to enhance their skills as directors.
Board Basics A to Z fee: $65 per participant
Group discount: 3 or more board members from the same organization – $45 each participant
For more information or to be notified when the next course is offered, contact Sean Sweeney, Programs Manager.
We are now taking registrations for our next Board Basics A to Z:
September 29, 2018
8:30am to 3:30pm
D.C. Bar Pro Bono Center
901 4th Street, NW, Washington, DC 20001