Ideal for potential, new and current board members
The Center is proud to have partnered with the DC Bar Pro Bono Center on this course since 2014!
This course provides a complete overview of the board member’s role, fully explaining the expectations and responsibilities of a nonprofit board. It’s an informative way to initiate new members, to strengthen commitment and understanding for current members, and to learn more for potential members thinking about joining a board.
Due to restrictions caused by the Covid-19 pandemic, this course will happen virtually and be split over three mornings instead of our usual, one-day format.
Learn what role a nonprofit board plays in:
- Governing the organization
- Ensuring that the organization has sufficient funds to carry out its mission and how to provide proper oversight with respect to the expenditure of those funds
- Evaluating and compensating the CEO
- Assessing risk with respect to the organization’s operations
- Planning for the future of the organization, and more
Learn from professionals with specialized expertise:
- Lawyers who work with nonprofit organizations
- Certified public accountants that specialize in nonprofit accounting
- Fundraising professionals and
- Nonprofit executives who have many years of experience in strategic planning
The course is designed for individuals who are thinking of or have recently joined a nonprofit board, as well as existing board members who wish to enhance their skills as directors.
Board Basics A to Z fee: $75 per participant*
Group discount: 3 or more board members from the same organization – $55 each participant
Our Fall 2022 session registration is live! Register below!
The training will be taking place over the following three Saturdays, from 9:30 AM-12:00 PM EST:
*The third weekend will skip Columbus Day, so it will not be three consecutive weekends.
Agendas will be sent out ahead of time. If for any reason you cannot attend one of the days, recordings will be available for one month following the end of the series.
Special thanks to our partner
*Looking to join a board? The Center’s Board Match program can help you find the right one. When you apply to Board Match, the fee for Board Basics is already included.