Ideal for potential, new and current board members
The Center is proud to have partnered with the DC Bar Pro Bono Center on this course since 2014!
Board Basics A to Z provides a complete overview of the board member’s role, fully explaining the expectations and responsibilities of a nonprofit board. It’s an informative way to initiate new members, to strengthen commitment and understanding for current members, and to learn more for potential members thinking about joining a board.
This course is presented virtually in three, 2 1/2-hour morning sessions.
Learn what role a nonprofit board plays in:
- Governing the organization
- Ensuring that the organization has sufficient funds to carry out its mission and how to provide proper oversight with respect to the expenditure of those funds
- Evaluating and compensating the CEO
- Assessing risk with respect to the organization’s operations
- Planning for the future of the organization, and more
Learn from professionals with specialized expertise:
- Lawyers who work with nonprofit organizations
- Certified public accountants that specialize in nonprofit accounting
- Fundraising professionals and
- Nonprofit executives who have many years of experience in strategic planning
The course is designed for individuals who are thinking of or have recently joined a nonprofit board, as well as existing board members who wish to enhance their skills as directors.
Board Basics A to Z fee: $125 per participant
Group discount: 3 or more board members from the same organization – $75 each participant
Fall registration is live. Register Now!
The training will take place over the following three Saturdays, from 9:30 AM-12:00 PM EST:
*Please note that we will be skipping Columbus Day weekend, so this is not 3 consecutive weekends.
Agendas will be sent out ahead of time. If for any reason you cannot attend one of the days, recordings will be available for one month following the end of the series.
Special thanks to our partner
Looking to join a board? The Center’s Board Match program can help you find the right one. When you apply to Board Match, the fee for Board Basics is already included.