The Center is proud to be partnering with Pepco in their 2020 Call for Exhibits at the Pepco Edison Place Gallery in Washington, DC.
Deadline is 4:00pm on Friday, November 8
Through a transparent and competitive process, a minimum of twelve nonprofit organizations across the Pepco service territory will be selected to participate in a two- to four-week residency that involves an in-kind donation of gallery space at the Pepco Edison Place Gallery. Our intent is to exhibit work that is uplifting, provides a positive representation of the Greater DC community and heightens the visitor experience in Chinatown. Sales are encouraged throughout the duration of the exhibit, and nonprofits are also encouraged to schedule “exhibit opening” events to raise awareness and promote attendance.
The goal of this call for submissions:
- Provide support, exposure, and professional benefit for visual artists and organizations
- Increase the exposure of local nonprofit arts organizations and the artists they represent
- Support and increase the diversity of artists
- Provide capacity building resources through the Center for Nonprofit Advancement
Curated use of the gallery space includes but is not limited to:
- Fabric arts
- Mixed media works
The application is open to any 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization—regardless of budget size or scope of programming—that is based in Washington, DC, Prince George’s and Montgomery counties in Maryland. Other criteria includes:
- Organization must meet all grant guidelines for eligibility
- Organization must be a 501(c)(3) non-profit with a board of directors
- Exhibit range is two to four weeks
- Grants will be considered for new and existing programs that fall within the funding categories, as well as requests for funding that clearly demonstrate a connection to key business objectives
- One exhibit per year per organization will be granted at a time
- Organization must be located geographically within the Pepco service territory
For the 2020 calendar year, we are specifically seeking work reflective of the following:
- Celebrates the 100th Anniversary of Women’s Right to Vote
- Promotes and encourages participation in Census 2020
- Promotes and encourages “Get Out the Vote” for Election 2020
- Celebrates racial/ethnic heritage months (ex. African American History month, Hispanic Heritage Month, etc.)
- Celebrates Pepco employee resource groups and the communities they represent (ex. PRIDE community, veterans, etc.)
- Recognizes and promotes innovation in STEM education and energy
- Recognizes and promotes environment stewardship focusing on the impact of climate change, clean energy, etc.
Learn more in the Application Packet.
For questions, contact Goldie Patrick.