Affordable, comprehensive health insurance for your staff
The Center for Nonprofit Advancement's Benefits Trust offers VitalHealth, a group buying insurance product. Through VitalHealth, the Center provides its member organizations access to health care coverage—including medical, dental, vision and life insurances—at the best possible value. VitalHealth has provided health benefits to the nonprofit community for more than 35 years, offering great customer service, security and consistency in cost, and overall peace of mind.
VitalHealth is pleased to announce the medical carriers for 2020-21 are Aetna and Kaiser Permanente. There are 9 plan options consisting of:
- High Deductible, Health Savings Account Plans available through Aetna or Kaiser
- Aetna Network Plans
- Aetna PPO Plan
- Kaiser DHMO Signature Plans
- Kaiser DHMO Plus Plan- Unique plan with out of Network Benefit
- Medical plans offer comprehensive coverage, including:
- Occupational & Physical Therapy
- Acupuncture/Chiropractic Services
- Infertility Treatments (limited)
- Wellness programs
- Domestic Partner Benefits
- Access to plans with 100% coverage, and much more
- Dental, vision and life insurance plans
- Guarantee issue (no underwriting), meaning your employees will never have to submit to a medical exam or questionnaire to receive coverage
- COBRA coverage: a Center member organization must be actively participating in VitalHealth to provide COBRA to a transitioning staff person
- Competitive rates — joining together to create a larger pool of lives enables VitalHealth to negotiate the lowest possible rates for our members
- Access to short- and long-term disability insurance
- Medical plans are available to Center member organizations with two or more employees working 20 or more hours per week.
- Vision, life and dental plans are available to Center member organizations with one or more employees working 20 or more hours per week.
- Only W-2 employees at Center member nonprofits may enroll. Board members, contract employees and volunteers cannot enroll in VitalHealth.
- VitalHealth can not offer medical insurance to Maryland nonprofit employers with 2 - 50 employees, as a result of the Maryland Small Group Insurance Reform Law. However, VitalHealth's licensed broker can assist your organization in setting up medical coverage as part of your Center member benefit.
Check out our new fitness tracking program
We're so excited about this new app, we're currently also making it available to all Center member staff, not just those in VitalHealth.
The program provides a little extra motivation to meet aspirations for a healthy, active lifestyle. The only thing needed to participate is a Smartphone (there’s no tracker/wearable device required!). Easily set goals, track progress and compete with colleagues in fitness challenges.
Our first challenge, Step Up with VitalHealth begins April 12! Learn more and access the challenge link when you login to VitalHealth or in our members-only resource center (which requires your Center login password).
VitalHealth is a separate entity and all insurance related payments should be payable to VitalHealth.
For specific questions, please contact VitalHealth Manager, Elisha Hardy.