Affordable, comprehensive health insurance for your staff
The Center for Nonprofit Advancement Benefit's Trust offers VitalHealth, a group buying insurance product. Through VitalHealth, the Center provides its member organizations access to medical coverage—including dental, vision and life insurances—at the best possible value. VitalHealth has provided health benefits to the nonprofit community for more than 34 years, offering great customer service, security and consistency in cost, and overall peace of mind.
VitalHealth is pleased to announce the medical carriers for 2018-19 are Aetna and Kaiser Permanente. Plan options include:
- Three (3) Aetna HMO plans and one (1) Aetna PPO plan
- Four (4) Kaiser Permanente HMO plans
- A choice of medical plans that offer comprehensive coverage, including:
- Occupational & Physical Therapy
- Adult Dependent Coverage
- Infertility Treatments
- Free healthy living and weight loss program
- Partner Benefits
- Clinical Trials
- Access to plans with 100% coverage
- Dental, vision and life insurance plans
- Guarantee issue (no underwriting), meaning your employees will never have to submit to a medical exam or questionnaire to receive coverage
- COBRA coverage: a Center member organization must be actively participating in VitalHealth to provide COBRA to a transitioning staff person.
- Competitive rates — joining together to create a larger pool of lives enables VitalHealth to negotiate the lowest possible rates for our members
- Access to short- and long-term disability insurance
- Medical plans are available to Center member organizations with two or more employees working 20 or more hours per week.
- Vision, life and dental plans are available to Center member organizations with one or more employees working 20 or more hours per week.
- Only W-2 employees at Center member nonprofits may enroll. Board members, contract employees and volunteers cannot enroll in VitalHealth.
- DC nonprofits only – if your organization did not have a medical plan in place prior to December 31, 2013, your organization cannot join VitalHealth's medical insurance plans. VitalHealth's licensed broker can assist your organization in setting up medical coverage as a part of your Center member benefit.
- VitalHealth can not offer medical insurance to Maryland nonprofit employers with 2 - 50 employees, as a result of the Maryland Small Group Insurance Reform Law. However, VitalHealth's licensed broker can assist your organization in setting up medical coverage as part of your Center member benefit.
- Nonprofit employers with more than 50 employees will need to provide proof of current coverage, most recent renewal proposal and twelve months of claims history from your current provider.