Affordable, comprehensive health insurance for your staff
The Center for Nonprofit Advancement Benefit's Trust offers VitalHealth, a group buying insurance product. Through VitalHealth, the Center provides its member organizations access to medical coverage—including dental, vision and life insurances—at the best possible value. VitalHealth has provided health benefits to the nonprofit community for more than 35 years, offering great customer service, security and consistency in cost, and overall peace of mind.
VitalHealth is pleased to announce the medical carriers for 2020-21 are Aetna and Kaiser Permanente. There are 9 plan options consisting of:
- High Deductible, Health Savings Account Plans available through Aetna or Kaiser
- Aetna Network Plans
- Aetna PPO Plan
- Kaiser DHMO Signature Plans
- Kaiser DHMO Plus Plan- Unique plan with out of Network Benefit
- Medical plans offer comprehensive coverage, including:
- Occupational & Physical Therapy
- Acupuncture/Chiropractic Services
- Infertility Treatments (limited)
- Wellness programs
- Domestic Partner Benefits
- Access to plans with 100% coverage, and much more
- Dental, vision and life insurance plans
- Guarantee issue (no underwriting), meaning your employees will never have to submit to a medical exam or questionnaire to receive coverage
- COBRA coverage: a Center member organization must be actively participating in VitalHealth to provide COBRA to a transitioning staff person
- Competitive rates — joining together to create a larger pool of lives enables VitalHealth to negotiate the lowest possible rates for our members
- Access to short- and long-term disability insurance
- Medical plans are available to Center member organizations with two or more employees working 20 or more hours per week.
- Vision, life and dental plans are available to Center member organizations with one or more employees working 20 or more hours per week.
- Only W-2 employees at Center member nonprofits may enroll. Board members, contract employees and volunteers cannot enroll in VitalHealth.
- VitalHealth can not offer medical insurance to Maryland nonprofit employers with 2 - 50 employees, as a result of the Maryland Small Group Insurance Reform Law. However, VitalHealth's licensed broker can assist your organization in setting up medical coverage as part of your Center member benefit.