Affordable, comprehensive health insurance for your staff
The Center for Nonprofit Advancement's Benefits Trust offers VitalHealth, a group buying insurance product. Through VitalHealth, the Center provides its member organizations access to health care coverage—including medical, dental, vision and life insurances—at the best possible value. VitalHealth has provided health benefits to the nonprofit community for more than 40 years, offering great customer service, security and consistency in cost, and overall peace of mind.
VitalHealth is pleased to announce Aetna and Kaiser Permanente as our medical carriers for 2023-24. There are several plan options consisting of:
- Health Savings Account Plans available through Aetna or Kaiser
- Nonstop Health Plans are also available through Aetna and Kaiser - these are unique plans with no out-of-pocket costs for any in-network covered service
- Kaiser with DHMO Plus Plan with Nonstop - this unique plan has out-of-network benefits with no out-of-pocket costs for any in-network covered service
Medical plans offer comprehensive coverage, including:
- A choice of several medical, vision, dental and life insurance plans from popular, national insurance carriers.
- Nonstop Health Program – eliminating upfront cost of deductibles, co-pays, and RX for employees for any in network covered services
- Occupational & Physical Therapy
- Acupuncture/Chiropractic Services
- Infertility Treatments (limited)
- Wellness Programs
- Domestic Partner Benefits
- Guarantee issue (no underwriting), meaning your employees will never have to submit to a medical exam or questionnaire to receive coverage
- COBRA coverage: a Center member organization must be actively participating in VitalHealth to provide COBRA to a transitioning staff person
- Competitive rates — joining together to create a larger pool of lives enables VitalHealth to negotiate the lowest possible rates for our members
- Access to short- and long-term disability insurance
- Medical plans are available to Center member organizations with two or more employees working 20 or more hours per week.
- Vision, life and dental plans are available to Center member organizations with one or more employees working 20 or more hours per week.
- Only W-2 employees at Center member nonprofits may enroll. Board members, contract employees and volunteers cannot enroll in VitalHealth.
- Employers are required to meet Aetna's medical minimum participation requirement, which states that a minimum of 2 employees must enroll in the Aetna medical plans.
- VitalHealth can not offer medical insurance to Maryland nonprofit employers with 2 - 50 employees, as a result of the Maryland Small Group Insurance Reform Law. However, VitalHealth's licensed broker can assist your organization in setting up medical coverage as part of your Center member benefit.
Participation in VitalHealth requires a separate application process and is not automatic with Center membership. Participation is only available to members of the Center for Nonprofit Advancement. If your organization is a member, login to the Center to learn how to enroll. If you are not a member and would like to request an application, please contact Aziza Rush.