- This event has passed.
How to Manage Remote Staff
December 12, 2019 @ 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm
Faculty: Sarah Bowman Ratjik, Human Resources, Inc.
Course Objective: Learn how to efficiently manage remote staff working for your organization.
Thanks to technology, organizations have teams working remotely. Managing face-to-face teams has its own challenges, but managing people you cannot interact with in person adds another level of complications. Remote teams require higher levels of attention, discipline and effort than co-located teams, but leveraging remote teams can create significant contribution to your organizations. Through this training, you will improve communication in the virtual environment, increase communication and cooperation, improve problem solving and reduce team conflict. During this training, we will cover the following topics:
• Create the conditions needed for successful communication, trust building and motivation
• Ensure that remote workers are aligned around goals as face-to-face colleagues
• Create and sustain the motivation and discipline of remote worker participation
• Reinforce your company culture to facilitate engagement of remote workers
• Leverage technology to connect your remote workers to their colleagues
• Monitor and appraise the performance of remote workers