The Center is governed by a small Board of Directors, which has four standing committees: Governance, Finance, Benefits Trust Advisory and Resource Development.
The purpose of the Resource Development Committee is to collaborate with senior team members to; oversee the development and implementation of the Center’s fundraising plan; identify and solicit support from external sources; and promote all revenue-generating activities.
Given our small size and the importance of our mission, the Resource Development Committee seeks to add three new committee members who have the skills, expertise and connections that can help us achieve our goals. These committee members will not be members of the Board and thus will not have the obligations and responsibilities of serving on the Board.
Responsibilities of the Committee Members
- Participate in bi-monthly meetings. (Date/time of meetings is set in advance and based on availability of committee members)
- Help identify and connect with prospective new nonprofit organizations and industry experts to join the center.
- Help support the Center’s key events, such as the Annual Celebration, Public Private Partnership Conference and Award Showcases.
- Serve as ambassador for the Center in the community
- Help develop marketing tools and materials that board members can use to promote and advocate for the Center.
- Familiarity with nonprofits, foundations, and/or corporate organizations in the region, especially in Northern Virginia, Prince George’s County, and growing Maryland counties.
- Fundraising and/or development experience
- Ability to commit to one year of service (Jan 2020-Dec 2021)
- Good marketing and communications skills
- Generous “rolodex”