Key Challenges that Top-Flight Boards Have Solved
July 23 @ 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm
Faculty: Lewis Flax, Principal, Flax Associates
Description: This workshop will review primary issues that boards often encounter. High performing boards have developed strategies and tactics in which to solve the following challenges:
• A disengaged board that offers little additive value
• Boards that are unable to secure individual board member contributions
• Unreasonable expectations that board members may place on an Executive Director in their specific area of expertise
• Micro-managing board members that continually get involved in minute details
• Complacent board members that often miss meetings, do not get involved, and fail to follow through on their responsibilities
This interactive session will focus on these board problems and review proven solutions. Learn how top performing boards effectively address and overcome these challenges. When these issues are no longer of concern, nonprofit boards are positioned to add far greater value. Attendees will walk away with tangible strategies that they can implement at their future board meetings.
This course is FREE to attend, but prior registration is required.