VitalHealth (Health Care Program)
Are you seeking the best option to assure the health of your organization’s employees? The Center for Nonprofit Advancement provides its member organizations with a wide variety of high-quality insurance options at the best possible value.
For 30 years, the Center’s VitalHealth (health program) has provided benefits to small and large nonprofit organizations in Virginia, Maryland and the District of Columbia. When you select our VitalHealth, you will join nearly 6,000 satisfied nonprofit employees and family members throughout the region, all while gaining access to affordable and comprehensive medical coverage.
Participating organizations have enjoyed unparalleled access to coverage options through an array of medical, vision and dental plans. Additionally, the Center offers access to a series of life insurance options.
Besides the flexibility of the plans, you will receive great customer service, security and consistency in cost, and overall peace of mind. What’s more, your overall costs are lowered by purchasing insurance with fellow nonprofits.
The highlights of the plan include:
- Choice of ten medical plans from Kaiser Permanente and UnitedHealthcare. Among our carriers, coverage options include HMO, Point of Service and PPO plans. Medical plans are available to organizations with two or more employees working at least 20 or more hours per week. Example: ABC organization has 10 employees (3 employees utilize UnitedHealthcare, 4 employees utilize Kaiser Permanente and 3 employees opt to use spouse coverage)
- Access: Dental, vision and life insurance available to organizations with one employee working at least 20 hours per week.
- Guarantee Issue (no underwriting)
- Competitive Rates: Renewal rates were below 9.5% in 2012 (14% was the regional average in 2012)
- COBRA Coverage: Offered to active members regardless of size
- Purchasing insurance with fellow nonprofits
- As a member of VitalHealth, you also have access to short- and long-term disability insurance
Who Can Enroll?
- Members of the Center for Nonprofit Advancement are eligible to apply to VitalHealth.
- Medical plans are available to Center member organizations with two or more employees, working 20 or more hours per week.
- In addition, vision, life, and dental plans are available to Center member organizations with one employee working at least 20 hours per week.
- Only W-2 employees at Center member nonprofits may enroll. Board members, Contract employees and volunteers cannot enroll in our plan.
- DC nonprofits only – if your organization did not have a medical plan in place prior to December 31, 2013, your organization cannot join VitalHealth's medical insurance plans. VitalHealth's licensed broker can assist your organization in setting up medical coverage as a part of your Center member benefit.
- The VitalHealth medical plans are not available to employee groups of 2 - 50 in Maryland, as a result of the Maryland Small Group Insurance Reform law.
- Participation in the VitalHealth requires a separate application process and is not automatic with Center membership.
Please note, participation in VitalHealth requires a separate application process and is only available to members of the Center for Nonprofit Advancement.
Not yet a Center member? Join today!