Health Care Program
If you are looking for a peace of mind, great customer service, and security and consistency in cost, join nearly 6,000 nonprofit employees and family members throughout the region to gain access to affordable and comprehensive medical coverage.
Since 1983, the Center's Health Program has provided benefits to small and large nonprofit organizations in Virginia, Maryland and the District of Columbia. Participating organizations have enjoyed unparalleled access to coverage options through a choice of plans.
The highlights of the plan include:
- Choice of eight medical plans from Kaiser Permanente and UnitedHealthcare. Among our carriers, coverage options include HMO, Point of Service and PPO plans. Medical plans are available to organizations with two or more employees working at least 20 or more hours per week. Example: ABC organization has 10 employees (3 employees utilize UnitedHealthcare, 4 employees utilize Kaiser Permanente and 3 employees opt to use spouse coverage)
- Access: Dental, vision and life insurance available to organizations with one employee working at least 20 hours per week.
- Guarantee Issue (no underwriting)
- Competitive Rates: Renewal rates were below 9.5% in 2012 (14% was the regional average in 2012)
- COBRA Coverage: Offered to active members regardless of size
- Purchasing insurance with fellow nonprofits
- As a member of the Health Program, you also have access to short- and long-term disability insurance
Who Can Enroll?
- Members of the Center for Nonprofit Advancement are eligible to apply to the Health Program.
- Medical plans are available to Center member organizations with two or more employees, working 20 or more hours per week.
- In addition, vision, life, and dental plans are available to Center member organizations with one employee working at least 20 hours per week.
- Only W-2 employees at Center member nonprofits may enroll. Board members, Contract employees and volunteers cannot enroll in our plan.
- The Health Program medical plans are not available to employee groups of 2 - 50 in Maryland, as a result of the Maryland Small Group Insurance Reform law.
- Participation in the Health Program requires a separate application process and is not automatic with Center membership.
Please note, participation in the Health Program requires a separate application process and is only available to members of the Center for Nonprofit Advancement.
For additional information about the Health Program, please contact at health@ nonprofitadvancement.org.
Not yet a Center member? Join today!
Center members, log-in for full access to your benefits.