Join the Center
Becoming a member nonprofit with the Center is easy!
Who can join the Center? Center Membership is available to the following groups:
- Any 501(c) nonprofit organization throughout the Greater Washington, DC, Virginia and Maryland. Click here to begin your online membership application.
- Any organization that has filed its Form 1023 with the IRS. Click here to begin your online membership application.
- Center membership is not available to for-profit businesses. However, for-profit businesses are encouraged to join our Partners in Advancement program. Click here to access the Partners in Advancement form.
What do we need to become a Center member?
- Your organization must be a 501 (c) nonprofit or have submitted your Form 1023.
- Your dues payment.
- A copy of the first page from your most recent Form 990. (If no form is available, or if your organization is not required by law to file one, please include a copy your 1023 Form submission and your most recent income statement.)
What does it cost to join the Center?
- The Center's membership dues are based on the organization's annual expenses. Click here to review the breakdown of our dues on our Benefits page
What if I want to mail a printed application?
- Click here to access and download the Center membership form.
- Submit your application materials to: Center for Nonprofit Advancement, P.O. Box 62583, Baltimore, MD, 21264-2583.
- Your dues payment.
- A copy of the first page from your most recent Form 990 (or proof of your 1023 Form submission and your most recent recent income statement).
What if I haven't submitted a Form 1023 or want to become a 501 (c) nonprofit?
- To learn more about Form 1023 or how to start a nonprofit, click here to several specific guidelines.
Submit your application today! Click here if you need to review the membership benefits.
Do you have any membership questions? Please direct your inquires to Membership Manager, Jorge Astorga at email jorgea [@] nonprofitadvancement [dot] org or call 202-457-0540.