Connections: Government Contracting
In this episode of Connections, local experts discuss current challenges in government contracting with nonprofits and opportunities to strengthen government/nonprofit partnerships.
Joining Connections host and Center for Nonprofit Advancement CEO Glen O’Gilvie are guests:
- Elizabeth T. Boris, Ph.D., Director of the Center on Nonprofits and Philanthropy at The Urban Institute
- Tim Delaney, President & CEO of the National Council of Nonprofits
- Eric Chapman, Frederick Douglass Memorial Weed & Seed Coordinator at East of the River Clergy, Police, Community Partnership, Inc. (ERCPCP)
- Urban Institute Report: Human Service Nonprofits and Government Collaboration: Findings from the 2010 National Survey of Nonprofit Government Contracting and Grants
- National Council of Nonprofits Special Report: Costs, Complexification, and Crisis: Government’s Human Services Contracting "System" Hurts Everyone
- Nonprofits and Government Contracting Web Portal
- The Center for Nonprofit Advancement’s Learning and Leadership Institute offers comprehensive professional development opportunities for the greater Washington area nonprofit community taught by the region's top professionals. View upcoming courses by date or by subject. Center members enjoy registration discounts.
- Center members, log-in to the Web site and explore the Nonprofit Management Resource Center for articles, tips, templates and resources on a range of nonprofit management topics.
- Not yet a Center member, join today!
A production of the Center for Nonprofit Advancement and the Public Access Corporation of the District of Columbia (DCTV), Connections is a weekly, 30-minute show, sharing the issues, the experts and the strategies to empower your community.
Connections airs on DCTV Focus and can be see on Comcast 96, RCN 11 and Verizon FiOS 28. Check the schedule for show times.