Upcoming Member Events
A sampling of events and opportunities from members of the Center for Nonprofit Advancement.
- Alliance Française de Washington DC invites you to celebrate Halloween in Paris at Napoleon Bistro & Lounge on October 31. Revelers will become a part of the artistry, posing for caricatures of their disguises, learning magic tricks to deceive those around them, and bringing out their hidden wordsmith by sharing their own inventive poetry.
- Join Arlington Street People's Assistance Network (A-SPAN) & the Rosslyn Business Improvement District on October 31 for the Rosslyn Community Walk for the Homeless!
- Save the Date! Mosaica invite you to their Nonprofit Strategic Alliance Symposium on Wednesday, October 31 from 9a.m. to 2:00 p.m. The Symposium will introduce nonprofit executives and Board members to a continuum of partnership opportunities and strategic restructuring options and assist them in thinking strategically about their own organizations within this context.
- Martha's Table will be hosting Help the Homeless Community Walk on November 3rd at 2 pm at their main offices and would love for you to join them to support the community.
- SAVE THE DATE! Network for Victim Recovery of DC will hold its Start Up, DC launch party and silent auction on November 7 at Lost Society! Buy your tickets now at their website.
- 501cTech will like to announce that it will be hosting the 2012 Celebration of Technology on November 8. Join them for an evening of networking with technology leaders and innovators from around the Washington, DC area and to honor the winners of this year's Technology Innovation Awards.
- Join Arlington Community Foundation for their 2012 William T. Newman, Jr. Spirit of Community Award Luncheon honoring recipient Meg Tuccillo on November 8th.
- Join HasNa, Inc. on November 8 for their HasNa’s 4th Annual Happy Hour Fundraiser at Madam’s Organ for a raffle and auction with unique crafts from Turkey, Armenia, and Cyprus. All money raised will go towards HasNa’s conflict resolution programs.
- Hope House invites you to their 11th Annual Art for Hope Fundraiser taking place on Thursday, November 8th from 5:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. at the Clark Opera Center.
- Leadership Fairfax will present its annual Northern Virginia Leadership Awards at the NVLA Luncheon on November 8th at Westwood Country Club in Vienna, VA from 11:30 am - 2:00 pm. The NVLA Awards is the premier forum in Northern Virginia to celebrate leaders who make a difference in our community.
- The Council for Resource Development welcomes you to attend their 46th Annual Council for Resource Development Conference, "Paradigm Shift: Start a Movement" from November 8-10, which will be an opportunity for all to press the "refresh" button on the way you develop resources and the continuous transformation from static ways of thinking to dynamic!
- Leadership Fairfax invites you to attend their Fall Alumni Reception on November 15. Come meet current class participants from the LFI, ELI and LLP programs and network with Leadership Fairfax Alumni! Bring photos, notebooks, and other memorabilia to contribute to the historical display at their 25th Anniversary Celebration next spring.
- READY, SET, Mark your calendars! The Run for Shelter is BACK and it's bigger and this time the Carpenter’s Shelter is adding a 5K option! The race takes place on November 17, 2012 and all proceeds will go to end and prevent homelessness through services, education and advocacy in Northern Virginia.
- The "YW in Action" Building Tours are back for the 2012-2013 cycle! YWCA of the National Capital Area and their sessions are a one-hour introductory presentation, which includes a guided tour of their Education & Training, Social Justice and Health & Wellness programs. This session will allow them to connect with potential and current supporters while giving you a firsthand look on how they impact the Washington DC area.
- Girls on the Run Northern Virginia invite you to join them for their 2012 Fall 5k on November 18 taking place at the Jiffy Lube Live. Runners are also encouraged to Volunteer or become Buddy Runners.
- The Carpenter’s Shelter would like to let you know that tickets are now on sale for Carpenter's Cook-Off 2013 taking place on April 28, 2013.
Center Members, do you have good news to share about your work or upcoming events? Send us your announcements including awards, promotions, photos, events and transitions.
Are you a nonmember looking to participate in our Member News and Events Blog? Join the Center today and promote your news to more than 15,000 in the community-by email, on our website and through social media.