Upcoming Member Events
A sampling of upcoming events from members of the Center for Nonprofit Advancement.
- My Sister’s Place welcomes you to attend for their Power of the Purse event on October 10. Join them as they commemorate Domestic Violence Awareness Month and celebrate the indomitable spirit of the women and children they serve with an evening featuring a silent auction of luxury handbags and accessories, wine and palate teasers from fine DC restaurants.
- Join the Nonprofit Roundtable to celebrate their 10th year at the 10th Anniversary Summit on October 10.
- Join Interfaith Works for their 40th Year Anniversary Celebration Fables & Tables on October 11, at the Julia Bindeman Suburban Center in Montgomery County.
- Turning the Page wants you to make sure that you put in your reservation for their 6th Annual Gala on October 12 for music, dancing, food, open bar and a silent auction with plenty of amazing items.
- Mark your calendar for US Helping US event UHU's Annual Awards Reception on October 13. Check out their website for more information.
- DC Vote will host the 2012 Champions of Democracy Awards on October 17, which will recognize individuals for their dedication to fulfilling the promise of democracy in Washington, DC.
- Sitar Arts Center invites you to attend their A Night of Sitar Stars on October 18. Enjoy special student performances, a silent auction, and a cocktail reception with Inspired Seasonal Fare. Kindly RSVP by October 11.
- Join the NoMa Business Improvement District for their NoMa Fall Festival and Market on October 17 and 24 for pumpkin carving and face painting for children, plus workshops and specialty food vendors for the adults.
- Join Fair Chance for their 2012 Fair Chance Butterfly Bash on October 19 for cocktails, hors d'oeuvres, and live music from the Winn Brothers Band.
- PHILLIPS Programs is excited to announce that their PHILLIPS Building Futures event in Fairfax will be building a house. Join them on October 25 at 10:30am as they break ground on this exciting new project.
- Save the Date! The Washington Area Community Investment Fund, Inc. is having their 3rd Annual Wine Tasting and Silent Auction on October 25 to celebrate WACIF's 25th-Anniversary .
- Join the Little Lights Urban Ministries on October 26 in Arlington for their Little Lights Benefit 2012.The benefit will be an opportunity for individuals and businesses in the DC-MD-VA area to celebrate the accomplishments of the students and families of Little Lights Urban Ministries.
- Volunteer Fairfax are encouraging all Nonprofit Organizations to submit projects for their Volunteer Fest 2012 taking place on October 27- a region wide day of community service held in conjunction with National Make a Difference Day. Check out their website for more information.
- United Way of the National Capital Area invite you to join them for their AIDS Walk Washington on October 27, which will include a fundraising walk and 5k timed run benefiting and produced by Whitman-Walker Health.
- Join Northern Virginia AIDS Ministry (NOVAM) for their Frighful Bowling event taking place at the AMF Annandale Lanes on October 28. Costumes are encouraged! Register by Oct. 22 on their website.
- Join Arlington Street People's Assistance Network (A-SPAN) & the Rosslyn Business Improvement District on Halloween October 31 for the Rosslyn Community Walk for the Homeless!
- Save the Date! Mosaica invite you to their Nonprofit Strategic Alliance Symposium on Wednesday, October 31 from 9a.m. to 2:00 p.m. The Symposium will introduce nonprofit executives and Board members to a continuum of partnership opportunities and strategic restructuring options and assist them in thinking strategically about their own organizations within this context.
- Martha's Table will be hosting Help the Homeless Community Walk on November 3rd at 2 pm at their main offices on 2114 14th St., NW Washington, D.C. 20009 and they would love for you to join them to support the community.
- SAVE THE DATE! Network for Victim Recovery of DC will hold its Start Up, DC launch party and silent auction on November 7 at Lost Society! Buy your tickets now at their website.
- Join Arlington Community Foundation for their 2012 William T. Newman, Jr. Spirit of Community Award Luncheon honoring recipient Meg Tuccillo on November 8th.
- Hope House invites you to their 11th Annual Art for Hope Fundraiser taking place on Thursday, November 8th from 5:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. at the Clark Opera Center.
- Leadership Fairfax will present its annual Northern Virginia Leadership Awards at the NVLA Luncheon on November 8th at Westwood Country Club in Vienna, VA from 11:30 am - 2:00 pm. The NVLA Awards is the premier forum in Northern Virginia to celebrate leaders who make a difference in our community.
- The Council for Resource Development invite you to attend their 46th Annual Council for Resource Development Conference, "Paradigm Shift: Start a Movement" from November 8-10, which will be an opportunity for all to press the "refresh" button on the way you develop resources and the continuous transformation from static ways of thinking to dynamic!
- READY, SET, Mark your calendars! The Run for Shelter is BACK and it's bigger and this time the Carpenter’s Shelter is adding a 5K option! The race takes place on November 17, 2012 and is a flat, fast course USATF Certified.
- The "YW in Action" Building Tours are back for the 2012-2013 cycle! YWCA of the National Capital Area and their sessions are a one-hour introductory presentation, which includes a guided tour of their Education & Training, Social Justice and Health & Wellness programs. This session will allow them to connect with potential and current supporters while giving you a firsthand look on how they impact the Washington DC area.
Center Members, do you have good news to share or an event coming up? Send us your announcements including awards, promotions, photos, events and transitions and we'll share your work across the community.
Not yet a Center member? Join the Center today and we'll help promote your news to more than 15,000 by email, on our website and through social media.