Member News and Opportunities
A sampling of news, events and opportunities from members of the Center for Nonprofit Advancement.
- Arlingtonians for a Clean Environment hosts third annual Green Living Expo March 17
- Bread for the City hosts grand opening of Dental Clinic
- Bright Beginnings’ Betty Jo Gaines honored with Pioneer Award by the Washington Wizards and Amtrak
- Register for the Run for Shelter 10K and Fun Run held on April 28 to benefit Carpenter’s Shelter
- Community Family Life Services hosts Gala and Auction, “Lighting the Way,” at Arena State on April 21
- Join the Community Foundation for Northern Virginia on April 20 for The Future Fund Awards Gala
- Save the Date for The Community Foundation for Prince George's County Civic Leadership Awards Gala on April 12
- Community Lodgings employment counselor Mignonne received recognition from the President for her women's group
- Dance 4 Peace Founder & CEO spoke on women entrepreneurship at Latin America Impact Investing Forum
- DC Central Kitchen's 87th Culinary Job Training Class began a two-week internship at the Nutrition Lab
- District Alliance for Safe Housing (DASH) 2012 Allies in Change Awards on March 28
- Family Matters of Greater Washington celebrates 130th Anniversary of Social Service on May 3 at the National Museum of Women in the Arts
- Join the Fair Chance 5K Run/Walk: Runnin' For a Chance on April 15
- Large Corporations and Federal Agencies to Participate in Business Matchmaking Sessions at the 2012 Business Expo hosted by the Greater Washington Hispanic Chamber of Commerce on March 15 at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center
- Join Homestretch for their Benefit Breakfast on May 1 at the Fairview Park Marriott in Falls Church
- Join the Junior League of Washington for the 20th Annual Tossed & Found Sale March 23-25
- Join the Lupus Foundation of America, DC/MD/VA Chapter for the 2012 Walk for Lupus Now on April 21 in Washington, DC
- Melwood Recreation Center's Camp Accomplish 2012 registration is now open
- Join N Street Villagefor their 2012 Gala on March 21
- The Nonprofit Roundtable hosts its annual Media Summit on April 4
- National Alliance for Public Charter Schools hosts student art and essay competition to help celebrate 20th anniversary of the first charter school
- NBCC hosts Annual Advocate Summit May 5-8 in Washington, DC
- National Committee for Responsive Philanthropy releases new report, "Cultivating the Grassroots: A Winning Approach for Environment and Climate Funders"
- Save the date for New Hope Housing’s “On the Boardwalk” Gala 2012 on April 21
- Save the date for the 2012 Best of Reston Awards on April 12
- Save the date for Samaritan Inns' 2012 Haven of Hope Fundraiser Event on May 3
- Sasha Bruce Youthwork hosts charity auction to benefit transitional housing project April 19
- Save the Date for Sitar Arts Center's Spring Celebration and Benefit on May 2 at the Corcoran Gallery of Art
- Tostan Hosts a Much-Needed Blood Drive in Thiès, Senegal
- United Way of the National Capital Area awarded grants to nonprofits in Arlington, Alexandria and Montgomery County
- Washington Institute for Conversion and the Study of Judaism is offering a seven-part course on “Basic Judaism for Jews and Non-Jews” beginning April 10
- See photos from their Open House as YWCA National Capital Area welcomed the community to their new building.
For daily updates, follow the Center of Twitter.
Center Members, do you have good news to share about your work or upcoming events? Send us your announcements (including awards, promotions and transitions). We share member news with the community on our blog, in the Nonprofit Agenda and Twitter.