Healthy Living Challenge: What gets you going for the 13.1 miles?
We're running a half marathon this weekend!
Preparations have taken a lot of time and energy thus far, but these final days leading up to the race come as a breath of fresh air for all of us. This is the time to rest our mind and body, and enjoy the break from training.
These final days also come with new stress and questions: what do I bring, what do I wear, what about packet pickup, where do I park, do I wear new shoes or wear my old ones, will the Metro even be open?
Thankfully, the stress is momentary because race day brings a cheering crowd and an adrenaline rush at the starting line as we realize THIS RACE IS ON!
Before the big day Sunday, we asked the Center's runners about the soundtrack they've been training to and what songs they would you like to hear playing at the start and end of the race. Here's what they're hoping for:
- At the start: Bob Marley "Redemption Song"
- At the end: Kayne West "Stronger (Clean Version)"
- At the start: Dave Matthews Band "Ants Marching"
- At the end: The Talking Heads "Burning Down the House"
- At the start: Wu Tang Clan "Protect Yourself"
- At the end: Biggie Smalls "Juicy"
Jorge Astorga Jr.
- At the start: The Killers "Human"
- At the end: Pearl Jam "The Fixer (Live)"