Project LEAP - Leaders Emerging through Ability and Potential
Project LEAP (Leaders Emerging through Ability and Potential) is an opportunity for individuals with three or more years of professional experience in the nonprofit sector to strengthen their leadership skills. Participants engage in individual and group activities to assess and examine their leadership abilities. Classes include critical thinking and problem solving activities.
Participants develop a learning circle cohort and learn from peers throughout the series. Special guests include experienced professionals in the field.
As a Project LEAP participant, you will:
- gain insight into your leadership ability through DISC assessments and discussion.
- learn the dynamics of organizational structure through panel discussions and interactive cohort discussions.
- gain proficiency in the nuts and bolts skills for running a nonprofit organization through additional complementary classes.
2013 Session Topics Include:
- Session #1: Leadership and Self-Discovery (Friday, February 22, 2013)
- Session #2: DISC Assessment (Friday, March 22, 2013)- Facilitated by Elizabeth Scott, President, Brighter Strategies LLC
- Session #3: Influence and Authority (Friday, April 12, 2013)-Facilitated by Miriam Grogan, Principle, Stellar Coaching LLC
- Session #4: Embracing Financial Leadership (Friday, May 10, 2013)- Facilitated by Eric Fraint, President, Your Part-Time Controller
- Session #5: Principles and Practices for Excellence (Friday, June 7, 2013)
This series is led by Lisa Burford Hardmon, MNO. Hardmon has more than 20 years of experience in the nonprofit sector, including thirteen years as an executive and seven years as a consultant. Hardmon is former executive director of Public Allies DC and has held positions with the American Heart Association and the National Center for Nonprofit Boards (now BoardSource). Hardmon’s consulting work focuses on capacity building and training in board development, resource development, strategic planning and executive transition. Lisa holds a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from The American University and a Master of Nonprofit Organizations degree from Case Western Reserve University.
Location: Center for Nonprofit Advancement, 1666 K Street, NW, Suite 440, Washington, DC 20006
Time: 10:00 am to 3:00 pm on event days
Registration Fee: $995 for Center for Nonprofit Advancement members
$995 for YNPN DC members
$995 for Eugene and Agnes E. Meyer Foundation Grantees
$1195 for all others
Registration includes class sessions, lunches, books, testing instruments and journals. The series is limited to 25 participants (only one person per organization). Executive directors are not eligible to participate.
A limited number of partial scholarships are available for the 2013 program. To apply for a partial scholarship, submit the following to Aaron Dahnke at firstname.lastname@example.org by January 31:
- Up to 250 word statement indicating how you would leverage your experience as a Project LEAP graduate to advance your organization and the region's nonprofit sector.
- Indicate whether the balance of the series registration fee would be paid by your organization or yourself personally.
- Include your name, organization, title, email address, mailing address and telephone number. If you are not currently employed, please indicate your most recent job title and organizational affiliation.
Due to dynamics of the program, refunds will only be provided to individuals who cancel in writing a full 48 hours before the first session begins.
We thank the Eugene and Agnes E. Meyer Foundation for their support to present this program.