The Washington Post Award for Excellence in Nonprofit Management
A program of the Center for Nonprofit Advancement, The Washington Post Award for Excellence in Nonprofit Management is an annual award presented to a nonprofit in the Washington, DC metropolitan area that demonstrates outstanding organizational management.
The award winner is selected through a competitive process by a panel of 25 executives with a wide range of expertise. The program began in 1995 and is open to all Center members and any 501(c)(3) nonprofit in the Washington metropolitan area. The Washington Post Award Selection Committee evaluates applicant organizations in the areas of fiscal management, communication, organizational and resource development, planning, human resources, risk management, and use of technology.
The winner of The Washington Post Award for Excellence in Nonprofit Management receives a $20,000 grant award. In addition, up to two honorable mentions will be recognized. Honorable mention winners each receive a $2,500 grant award.
The application period for the 2015 Award opens on October 31, 2014.
From the pool of applicants, up to ten semi-finalist organizations will be invited to submit Part Two applications. From this group, no more than three organizations will be selected as Award Finalists.
Center members, log-in to access templates, tools and resources from the Award competition.
Meet our past winners:
- 2014: Young Playwrights' Theater
- 2013: Good Shepherd Housing and Family Services
- 2012: Community of Hope
- 2011: Horton's Kids
- 2010: PHILLIPS Programs for Children and Families
- 2009: Doorways for Women and Families
- 2008 Washington Tennis & Education Foundation
- 2007: Tahirih Justice Center
- 2006: N Street Village
- 2005: Higher Achievement Program
- 2004: Bread for the City
- 2003: Miriam’s House
- 2002: Choral Arts Society
- 2001: Miriam’s Kitchen
- 2000: Community Family Life Services
- 1999: Mary’s Center for Maternal and Child Health
- 1998: Building Futures
- 1997: National Capital Child and Family Development
- 1996: American Heart Association-Nation’s Capital Affiliate
- 1995: Hannah House
Meet our sponsors:
Thank you to our sponsors: