Next Level Communications
At a time of scarce resources, leaders and organizations that succeed are those who can craft better messages, tell stories, present their organization and answer tough questions. In this dynamic and interactive three-part series, the Center for Nonprofit Advancement has assembled a team of seasoned experts to assist nonprofit executives to galvanize their skill sets as communicators, forge powerful new strategies as spokespeople and capture the attention of key constituents.
As a Next Level Communications participant, you will:
- be equipped to frame strong messages that are heard and acted upon by your target audiences
- tell your organization’s story to persuade, convince, excite and motivate
- hone skills in making oral presentations from pitches to funders to communicating with partners
- possess new techniques to align your organization around key messages
- hold a framework for communication planning and integration into broader organizational and strategic planning
- exhibit more confidence as a presenter and spokesperson
Who Should Enroll:
- The 2012 cohort is limited to CEO and executive director level professionals
- To maximize series impact, participant registration will be confirmed by October 19
- Contact us to be notified of future cohorts
2012 Series Dates:
- October 30: Session 1, Building the Communications Framework; Storytelling as Best Practice
- November 8: Session 2, Sharpening Presentation Skills: Acting for Nonprofit Professionals
- November 28: Session 3, The Effective Media Interview
- Various locations throughout Washington, DC
- $995 for Center members
- $1195 for all others
Register for this series and Leadership Exchange 2012 to save on registration to both.
- Center member dual registration: $1800
- All others, dual registration: $2150
Each session is led by experts in the subject matter. Our facilitators include:
Wainger Group: a strategic communications consulting firm that helps dynamic nonprofits and businesses harness the power of communications to change minds, improve lives and win supporters. They focus on the intersection of communication and leadership to enable nonprofits and companies fulfill their promise.
Open Window Creative Strategies, LLC: a communications and design firm specializing in nonprofits and socially responsive for profits that are ready to move their businesses to the next level. They help organizations find their voice, tell their story, build their brand, and move audiences to action.
Shakespeare Theatre Company: a leading theatre company that has adapted their highly successful Acting for Business Professionals (featured in their Master Acting Classes) into a five-hour intensive session to teach the skills and techniques utilized by classical actors that can be applied to a variety of situations in the professional world.
Hager Sharp: a communications firm with a mission: to help people live smarter, safer, healthier lives. Since 1973, they have delivered communications that make a difference—becoming a national leader in planning and executing successful public awareness and social marketing campaigns that get attention and results.